ASSISTANT PSYCHOLOGIST – UNITED ENDEAVOUR TRUST
Fixed Term Contract to 31st August 2023 in the first instance, with the possibility of a permanent contract for the right candidate beyond that.
37 hours per week – Term time only
Grade 5 – starting salary £18993
United Endeavour Trust is a Multi Academy Trust comprising of Clayton Hall Academy, Newcastle Academy and Sir Thomas Boughey Academy.
Are you a recent Aspiring Assistant Psychologist/Psychology graduate looking to gain first class hands-on experience ahead of further studies, Assistant Psychologist posts or Educational Psychologist posts?
We lead Secondary Academies in the West Midlands in Newcastle under Lyme and are looking for an Assistant Psychology – Psychology Graduate to support students with a range of needs including Autism (ASD) and Social Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH).
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work alongside our Special Educational Needs Co-ordinators (SENCO) and Pastoral Support staff.
Job Description – The successful candidate will:
- Be an aspiring Assistant Psychologist – a Psychology Graduate
- Support students with SEN on a day-to-day basis
- Liaise with Class Teachers and the SENDCO regarding the progress of children
- Provide a stimulating and safe learning environment for children
- Deliver specialist interventions
Person Specification – The successful candidate will:
- Have childcare related experience, particularly with a SEN focus (ideal but not essential)
- Be resilient, patient, calm-natured, empathetic & adaptable (essential)
- Be a hardworking and driven individual who will exceed all expectations of the role requirements
- Have experience of supporting children (4-18) with SEN
- Have future career ambitions to become an Educational Psychologist, Clinical Psychologist, Therapist, Well Being practitioner etc
Closing date: 9.00am Tuesday 31st January
Interviews will take place on Tuesday 7th February.
Applications should be returned via email to: HRteam@uetrust.org
United Endeavour Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check applies for all roles within our Trust.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com