Becoming a leader either within a school converting to join our Trust, joining us under our umbrella arrangements, or as part of your development as a leader within our academies is a supported process. Growing and developing strong leaders is central to our activity and a key strand in securing improvement within our Trust. Succession planning is based upon ‘growing our own’ as strongly as recruiting in new leaders.
What You Can Expect from Senior Leaders driving Leadership improvement at UET:
- We establish a clear vision for leadership and academy development. Paint a picture of where the organization will end up and the anticipated outcomes and your role in that. We make certain the picture is one of reality and not what people wish would occur.
Both people and organizations need to establish a strategic framework for significant success. This framework consists of:
- A vision for your future
- A mission that defines what you are doing
- Values that shape your actions
- Strategies that zero in on your key success approaches
- Goals and action plans that guide your daily, weekly and monthly actions
- We appoint an executive champion who mentors you through your growth as a leader – via weekly/fortnightly line management sessions clear records of support and expectation are developed and maintained.
- We pay attention to the changes occurring. We ask leaders how things are going. Focus on progress and barriers for change management.
- If personal or managerial actions or behaviours require change for leadership changes to take hold in the organization and for planned outcomes to be achieved, we model the behaviours and actions alongside you. If the ideas you are promoting are congruent with your core beliefs, and match our Trusts core priorities, these actions will come easily.
We will support you to:
- Model the behaviour you want to see from others.
- If you make a rule or design a process, follow it, until you decide to change it.
- Act as if you are part of the team, not always the head of it. Dig in and do actual work, too. People will appreciate that you are personally knowledgeable about the effort needed to get the work done. They will trust your leadership because you have undergone their experience.
- Help people achieve the goals that are important to them, as well as the goals that are important to you and our academies.
- Do what you say you’re going to do.
- Build commitment to your academy’s big goals.
- Use every possible communication tool to build commitment and support.
- Hold strategic conversations with people so people are clear about expectations and direction.
We have a strong commitment to accrediting your development.
Leadership Development & Succession Planning
Developing leaders in using accountability frameworks
Use of Team Accountability and Action Plans
Data Profiling>Intervention > Improving Outcomes
Developing Specialist Leaders of Improvement – a leadership coaching team (Accredited at Masters Level)
A Leadership Pathways offer
NPQSL – via local TSA
NPQML – via local TSA
UET Leadership Programme
MA – via UOD
PHD – via UOD
Annual Leadership Review